Those poor silkies!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Watching National Geographic's new show Wild Justice last night. The game wardens were in San Fransico's China town, looking for illegal animal parts being sold.
At one store the camera flashed on a cage full of white silkies. Poor babies. I know they weren't there to be petted.
sickbyc.gif

As long as they are killed quickly and humanly I dont have a problem with it, Cornish X's can become very friendly too. And many people dont even think twice about killing them.

Quote:
This is true. I love my CXs as much as I love my silkies. I just couldn't eat something with black meat.
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
This is true. I love my CXs as much as I love my silkies. I just couldn't eat something with black meat.
sickbyc.gif

They actually sell Silkies at the supermarket near us (frozen, not live lol) Apparently they are used in traditional Asian meals or something, I bought one just to see what it would taste like and it was the same as any chicken. It was frozen with the head and feet still attached to the body.
004-1.jpg

Chickens is chickens.

Except for the Kinder Major's Silkies that is. Those chickens is not chickens!
lol.png

She'd stuff them all in a bag and run away from home if she thought I was going to slaughter one of them.

Back
Top Bottom