THOSE S O B DOGS!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
I cant believe it....I heard barking outside this afternoon...not my dogs, they are all sleeping comfortably on thier sofa.So, I ran to the front door, just in time to see it...a Black lab, and a small Beagle running my chicken fence..I screamed to my son.....GET THE GUN, DOGS!!! and ran out there. My son was shortly behind me. First I screamed to scare the dogs off, then...I noticed him...laying there.....my poor Burbon Red. I ran to him, and dropped to my knees....he was breathing, but gasping for breath, eyes closed. I gently picked him up, and told him how I was so sorry this had to happen to him, and held him close to me....then..he let out one last breath. HE"S GONE!! My Burbon red is gone!!!! By this time my son is out there, with the gun, and the dogs are running off...so I go get my truck, they are running down the road, my intentions are to run them SOB's over. Im sure I looked like some crazed back woods person, slamming on the brakes, telling my son to jump in!!
We go after the dogs...and they run into a ditch. My son jumps out, and whistles...they stopped, then, came running to him, wagging thier tails. DANG he left the gun on the porch. The little black lab boy is MAYBE a year old, and the beagle is a female...a few years old. BOTH have collars...so I told my son, grab them, and throw them in the truck. I am going to call the owners. So, I call them from the cell phone...and of COURSE...not a working number! Now I have 2 chicken killers in the back seat of my truck, laying on the warm blanket. UGH!! So, my son tells me....Mom, lets take them to the neighbor, he will dispose of them....and about that time, the little black lab jumps over the seat, into my sons lap, and lays his head on my sons shoulder!
th.gif
My son looks at me and says.....STUPID DOG!! The little lab licks my son in the face, and lays down on his lap. OK, now HOW am I supposed to SHOOT THEM!??? So, we drive around, asking everyone if they know this person, or dogs. Nope, no one knows them....the dog pound is closed on Sunday and Mondays..DANG...so, I go to one more house...ask the guy if he knows anyone that lost a black lab, and small hound....he describes them both, I am thinking....GREAT! an owner.....NOPE....these dogs had just killed his mothers Peacock this morning. He says" If I find them, I will shoot them" So I tell him..they are in my truck if ya want them...he looks down and says...well...I dont think I can shoot them really.Great...now I still have 2 dogs...in my truck..that just killed MY rooster, and now this poor womans Peacock! He said the smaller one belongs to the lady down the road...so off I go. I pull in the drive...and she meets me outside. I asked her, if she was missing a small tan and white female beagle. She said...Shilo?? HA HA!!!! GOT HER! Then she said.....well, she is a stray, we just sorta feed her once in a while.
barnie.gif
So I tell her the story...and she said she knows someone in Indianapolis that does Lab rescue. She wanted me to take them home, and she would call me later, or tomorrow. I jsut looked at her and said...If I take them home....They wont need rescued. She got a shocked look on her face, and said she has a pen she can put them into...and keep them off the road. I told her...IF I see them again, I wont hesitate to shoot. They WILL come back, now that they know where the chickens are. So....I get home...and make a small grave for my poor Burbon.
Zuni.....E Mail me!!! What a CRAPPY DAY!!

Oh, my gosh, if I never hear another one of these stories, it will be too soon! I'm so sorry, Deb. I just dont know what to say. Someone will shoot these dogs, just being the dogs that they are, and it wont be their fault, it will be the fault of whoever is allowing them to run loose. I wonder if they were dumped. I'm just so sorry about your Bourbon Red!
hit.gif

I had typed out a long response to this, but after re-reading it, I decided it sounded a little psychotic.

So I'll alter the post to one simple word. One word that will solve the problem of a stray dog making repeat visits to your property.

Antifreeze.

I sure know what that feels like. It happened to us too. The dog killed all our flock but one. This was the third time the dog got loose and Animal control won't do a thing. We have the gun ready!!!:thun
So sorry about your little Burbon Red. :aww

I am sorry but I feel bad for these dogs it is in their nature to kill things that move. I realize you lost a bird and trust me I love my chickens but there are plenty of birds out there that are just waiting for a home. I realize that he was a pet but don;t be so upset with the dogs. THey are just doing what comes natural. I hate when people on here say how they want to kill the dogs as I have dogs of my own and would not trade them for the world. It is not these poor dogs fault. THey have no one to really take care of them and they deserve a loving home too.
Again I am sorry about your chicken and I hope that it never happens again. Trust me I have lost a few chickens in my lifetime and each time I feel really bad but that is life unfortunatly.

I am so sorry to hear about your roo - I might be posting a story like this myself in the next few days/weeks my neighbor breeds pit bulls ( right now he has 3 females ready to deliver ) but he lets them ALL run the street - well today I noticed he is building pens for them right up against the fence that makes up my chicken run
barnie.gif
so if any of my chickens put thier heads through the fence it will be taken off by some backyard breeding pitbull - so off to the hardware store I have to go payday to get something to block these dang dogs and make sure my birds are safe -

are the rest of your chickens safe and sound ? all are counted for ?
I just hope these dogs dont get out and bother you again.

Julie

Thanks everyone.....In a fit of anger, I wanted to kill the dogs....after I saw how sweet and loveing they were, I just couldnt...The black lab is going to a Lab rescue....his former owner will NOT get the dog back. This rescue is almost 2 hrs away. As for the little hound, the lady has her in a pen...and is trying to find her a home as well.

Okay, now I have a lot to say about this post. First of all, they are chickens, and that is it. It's not like they are people, it's not like that was your son. Get a freakin life. I do understand that they are your pets and that you love them like some may love a dog. I am not denying that it isn't possible, because my mom is defintely one of them.

Okay, here's some more. Dogs make mistakes too, just like your kids make mistakes all the time. The dogs that came and killed your chickens were probably really hungery and forced to fend for themselves. You don't know what that dog has been through so leave it at that.

Next, the way you treat dogs is a wonder how you are even allowed to have pets. I mean come on people. If you have animals it is set in nature that they will die sometime. And before you go and say, " Well it was those dogs turns that night, they just missed there chance," let me just say this, as much as you care about chickens there are other animals in the world out there that are just as great as chickens and I am sick and tired of hearing all these stories of dogs killing your chickens. Get a freakin life okay. The world doesn't revolve around your chickens.

And as for your crappy day, there have been worse days than you losing your freakin chickens!! What about someone who just lost both of their parents and has to move away to a brand new freakin town. Yeah, now that would be a crappy day, so like I said.. get a freakin life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and to the antifreeze comment,
You are so cruel. There is absolutely no reason for any of that and it really hurts because I don't go around saying, "Oh, a rooster just pecked the cat in the eye and it went blind, time for it;s head to come off, or we can just poor chemicals down it's throat that works too." Stop trying to come up with ways to kill dogs, or any animals for that matter. It's like coming up with ways to murder people. It's just plain wrong you uuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Methinks dog_lover is a board regular who has created a new ID under which to vent his/her spleen, but doesn't want his/her repuation damaged.

I just don't buy that someone would find their way out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom