Those sneaky little hens!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by furbabymum, Sep 24, 2012.

1. furbabymum

furbabymum Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2012
    Burns, Wyoming
    I cleaned out my brooder yesterday as I've merged everyone together. I had had problems with feather picking and such so I put a bunch of varying sized boxes in there to give them something interesting. When I was cleaning them out yesterday I lifted one box to find a huge hole in the bottom of it. Those sneaky hens put a hole in the box, filled it with shredded paper and had been laying in it. There were at least a dozen eggs in that nest. Very clever of them!

2. Nevada Sun

Nevada Sun Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2012
    Howden, Manitoba, Canada
    HI,, that is too funny... I have a big space under my coop and it is great for hot summer time but a few of my girls are now laying and I did find two eggs under there... now that will be cooler I hope that doesn't happen again... also How did you get you lovely pictures on here..

3. furbabymum

furbabymum Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2012
    Burns, Wyoming
    You can upload them to your profile. Most of mine simply get added when I add them to a post. Just click the picture button on the menu bar above the reply text box and add your pic. It then adds it to your profile. :)

4. Nevada Sun

Nevada Sun Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2012
    Howden, Manitoba, Canada
    Thanks I will try it..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by