Those who use Premier electric net fencing...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by raindrop, Apr 14, 2008.

1. raindrop

raindrop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    Western Oregon
    I am trying to decide between the regular poultry net (for my ducks and geese at night) and the new "Permanet" which is similar but the posts are sturdier. See here- http://www.premier1supplies.com/fencing.php?mode=detail&fence_id=93 for details.

What do you think? I won't be moving it very often, maybe once every 1-2 months. And when I do move it, it won't be far because I am going to use a "plug-in" energizer. Too much grass for battery or solar.

2. raindrop

Feb 10, 2008
    Western Oregon
    Never mind. We decided to get the Permanet. 100' and the Hotshock 300.

3. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    Let us know how it works.
    I just got a catalog from them, and am curious to how well they work.

Jean

4. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Just a heads-up... unless you're using it on bare earth (both sides of fence) or wanna spray Roundup regularly, you will HAVE to move it more than every 1-2 months, because you MUST keep the grass mowed under the fence and have to move the fence to do that. Don't necessarily need to move it *far* (3 feet to the left is fine) but you do need to move it enough to mow. Really truly.

Pat

5. raindrop

Feb 10, 2008
    Western Oregon
    Quote:Thanks Pat. Roundup and I have become good friends over the past several years. I tried to do it more "naturally" for a while and then I thought, hmmmm, I live in the grass seed capitol of the world so who am I kidding... I will spray as needed and will move it seasonally. I would like to run them in the garden in the winter to fertilize for me.

6. Hambone

Hambone Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Union, KY
    Can any electric fence box be used with this netting?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by