Thought I'd finally say hi...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by hkemmling, Mar 3, 2016.

1. hkemmling

hkemmling Just Hatched

Aug 28, 2015
    Festus, MO
    Hi everyone! I've stalked this community for years off and on, thought I'd finally join in the conversation.

I have two black australorps, two Asian blue and one Easter egger. One of the Asian blues "Lavern" comb and wattles are bright red and coming in very fast, the others are not really even showing and certainly aren't red, but Lavern's feathering out much slower? I hear that they are a chicken mutts, so maybe that's why? I was drawn to the Asian Blues at the tractor supply because they were so friendly, to where every other chick would run away. So after years of having a plan of what chickens I would have, I actually didn't get one on my list, lol.

Anyway, this is a lot of fun and once I figure out how to post pictures, I'll share my girls and coop [​IMG].

2. RustyBucketFarm

RustyBucketFarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2016
    West Virginia
    Welcome! I'm also fairly new to the forum and just got up enough courage to post something today... I've been stalking this site for quite a while as well. lol Amazing group of people here... JUST like us - that love these wonderful things we call chickens but are also part of the family! Would love to see your pictures!! I have an incubator that is due to hatch in five days and I'm as nervous as a mother hen...

[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    I'm glad you decided to join in!!

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you onboard. Regardless of experience, the Learning Centre, you'll find a whole host of resources on all things chicken.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (just type your state in the search box). In fact, the search box should become your best friend [​IMG] Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run.

7. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  8. hkemmling

hkemmling Just Hatched

Aug 28, 2015
    Festus, MO
    Thanks everyone! As far as the pictures, I'm on my iPhone, and it says it will upload from my device, but it doesn't work. I'll just hop on the old pc for pictures [​IMG].

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi [​IMG] waiting for your photos

10. RustyBucketFarm

RustyBucketFarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2016
    West Virginia
    Me too! [​IMG] Just excited to see those new babies of yours hkemmling!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by