Thought I'd share some Black Sex Links!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Barred Babies, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    In June a friend incubated a dozen of my eggs and hatched out 11 from my Barred Rock girls and my RIR Bantam rooster (He's mixed with something that had blue/silver in it but not sure what). We came out with 7 roosters & 3 pullets. Here's a few of them!!

Here's 2 of the pullets!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's some of the roosters!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They ended up being really pretty. Too bad we had so many roos but my freezer will appreciate it next weekend!!

Missi

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  2. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    How did you get barred females? They are supposed to be mostly black...unless you put the wrong picture? (1st)

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Red&Yellow :

How did you get barred females? They are supposed to be mostly black...unless you put the wrong picture? (1st)

Not really sure! She was supposed to be a male. Had the white dot on her head and everything. Thought we had 8 roos & 2 pullets (My friend kept one of the pullets so I don't have a pic of her). She never got the comb & wattle like the other 7. When I split them up and removed the males I went ahead and kept her out just in case I got lucky and she turned to be a "she". There 20 weeks old now. I'm still assuming she's a she cause she doesn't have any male features!!

Missi​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by