Thought I'd share some new pics...more Lester babies!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hinkjc, Jun 17, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Whew..that Lester is a busy boy. [​IMG]

We got 8 babies to hatch from his lady's eggs on 6/13, along with 30 of my pure buff orp eggs and about 15 araucana.

[​IMG]

We sold out of all of the chicks and kept 4 of the white araucana and of course, our 8 lavender X black orp babies.

[​IMG]

Oh, check out this cute little wild turkey. He was a rescue brought to us from someone who found him on railroad tracks in town all by himself. He sure can fly! I guess he was tired of his boring ole brooder and wanted to take a tour of his own. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jody

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Jody~ That's great! Can you tell if you have lots of pullets from the first hatches? We need updated pics of Lucas.

The little turkey is adorable. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I see 2-3 roos from the first 11 babies. The 2nd group is still a bit young to tell. We're up to 19 Lester babies and more in the bator! [​IMG]

I know..I do need to get to taking some updated pics of Lucas and all of the babies. Will try this week and get some posted.

That little turkey came to us as only a day or two old and very weak after a chilly day on its own. He is now a little over 2 weeks and looking great. He is enjoying his chicken friends.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by