Thought I'd share some pics..

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
Ok, took the camera out today and thought I'd share some pics with everyone. Enjoy!

Here are some 4 week old buff orpies.
100_3671.jpg

My 6 months old buff orp cockerel, Buddy:

100_3688.jpg

Who could resist a nice shot of that fluffy butt -

100_3685.jpg

A blonde silkie (about 8 wks old):

100_3713.jpg

100_3711.jpg

Sunny showing his girls to eat from the top:

100_3703.jpg

Little Jack and his ladies (in molt):

100_3707.jpg

Some of their children (8-12 wks old):

100_3718.jpg

Little Whitney (white ameraucana..I know not buff :giggle ) - this is Buddy's girlfriend as they were raised together. She just started laying beautiful blue eggs.

100_3681.jpg

Look at the size difference of Buddy and Whitney:

100_3675.jpg

And I can't forget my other babies:

Hunter -

100_3659.jpg

Honeybelle (laying in our window..she won't fit there long) -

100_3669.jpg

Jody

Lovely group, Jody, as always. And the size difference between the Ameraucana and your Buff Orp cockerel makes me think of more possibilities around here re:my Blue Orp cockerel and my Blue Ameraucana pullets. Hmm.

Thanks all!

I've been calling Buddy my lil buddy for so long, that it became his name. Except now he grew up to be my big buddy.

Yup, love my feather dusters.
lau.gif
That was a good one..I never thought of them that way before.

Cynthia - We only left Whitney in there because she feels safe with Buddy and the flock accepted her. Plus she is laying blue eggs, which are easy to figure out and pull for eating. I am kinda hesitant on introducing her to the EE flock because they tend to be rough on newcomers. She is ultimately going there tho...just not sure when. I thought I'd let her mature more first. They take so long to fill out, but of course Buddy is really too big for her too. I am kind of afraid he will hurt her legs with how big he is getting, so I gotta make up my mind soon. I know he will be so sad without her.
sad.png

Jackie - I hope you have a great hatch..I love having grandbabies all over the place. Hmmm..that didn't come out right.
gig.gif

Jody

Jody, they do get attached to each other. I've tried numerous times to remove my two Brahmas from Suede's pen and put them back with the main flock, but they aren't having it. They are so pitiful without him, it's amazing to see. And it isnt because Hawkeye bothers them because he doesn't at all. I've about decided that they can just stay put where they are since I can tell their eggs from the Orp eggs pretty well. That's also why my one Speckled Sussex lives with the Ameraucanas-no confusing her egg with theirs.

Back
Top Bottom