Thought mingmei was egg bound!

nettie

Enslaved by Indoor Ducks
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
i had my ducks diapered and walking around their area in the front room when i noticed a spot on their rug that looked like poop. i went to investigate and realized it was egg white and yolk. My duck victor had egg binding issues when they first started laying and had to go to the vet. I got upset because i don't have a new vet yet here in chicago, (my old vet in bama was awesome). i took them upstairs and started a bath and went to take their diapers off and to check Victor for broke egg shells... I took vic's diaper off and noticed that there was no whites or yolk, just poop. confused i checked mingmei.... she had whites pouring out of her diaper... i took the diaper off expecting the worst, but to my relief, there was a broke egg inside her diaper. looks like the goofball laid while they were chilling in my frontroom and broke it. I cleaned it up and put her in the tub... All is well... Just a scare...

lau.gif

gig.gif

what a way to freak her mom out huh? goofy duck.... laying eggs at 10 o'clock at night like a goofball...

I saw Dr. Scott Griffin, the office is at 3200 east blvd i believe. It's about 5-10mins from my old house. He is awesome. He's mostly a parrot vet, but he also helps injured waterfowl that people find at the shakespeare festival park. He's always been great with my duckies and has helped them before with egg binding issues and foot problems. They also don't charge through the nose either... A visit is $45 (unlike everywhere else around here that's 90 just to get in the door), and the meds aren't too expensive. IT's way better care and cheaper than any vet i have up here in Chicago...

Back
Top Bottom