1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

thought serama, but oegb?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BEDUB RANCH, May 28, 2016.

1. BEDUB RANCH

BEDUB RANCH Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    second pic is when it was a baby.
    it is so very tiny. 9 weeks old. Much smaller than the oegb from the same batch.

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

It could just be a runt. Or it could be a mix. Hopefully you will know more as it matures - see whether it has the upright serama stance. I have a hard time distinguishing between poor, pet quality seramas and oegb.

I picked up some pullets that were being rehomed - they were supposed to be seramas. With the exception of one size A girl, my own seramas are on the large side, with most being 14-20 (well fed) ounces. But all four of the pullets I brought home make my seramas look fairly dainty in comparison. So I think these girls must be mixed with something else...not sure whether oegb or Japanese??? My little serama roo seems to like them just fine, and I don't sell birds, so it's irrelevant to me.

Anyhow...you may be able to tell more as she matures a bit more - she's a tiny cutie though!

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Probably BBR OEGB.

4. BEDUB RANCH

BEDUB RANCH Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2016
    Thank you for your help! (Also, I should know, but what's a bbr)?

5. JaeG

JaeG Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    BBR stands for black breasted red. That is a tiny 9 week old. Adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by