Thought this polish was a girl?? -pictures-

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sonew123, Sep 13, 2009.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok I hatched her/him out 5 months ago! not a peep from it forever-then last week I noticed the comb go from white to red and I heard a strange noise.. I went around the corner and there she was-crowing-ish? Doesnt sound like a normal crow-kinda half a crow but nevertheless crowing! Is this a boy or girl???? No waddles either! I trimmed her head feathers last week because they were so big she couldnt see! These photos were taken 20 minutes ago

2. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    I'm no expert, but it looks like a roo

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:STOP!!! [​IMG] I'll die..I had plans for her!!! dang it! I posted photos of it many time and everyone has pointed girls to me but now [email protected]@!

4. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Quote:STOP!!! [​IMG] I'll die..I had plans for her!!! dang it! I posted photos of it many time and everyone has pointed girls to me but now [email protected]@!

I could still be wrong but it does look like it

5. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    I think it might be a roo-roo too! Does it's crowing sound spooky? Does it have evil looking horns coming out of it's head?

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:No My roo has the evil horns--not this one--At least she didnt last time I really looked-which was when I gave her a trim about 10 days ago???

7. chickendude

chickendude Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    I have a Silver laced Polish roo and yours looks like a roo to me also. Sorry [​IMG] I am surprised he didn't start to crow earlier. Mine started with the strangest sounding crow when he was about 12 -13 weeks old. And now he crows like a pro.

8. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Hmmm. Maybe it is a hen. He or she sure is a beauty whatever it is! [​IMG]

9. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Sorry, that is a definitely a rooster!

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    ok now I want to cry! Well I guess that mean I dont need the polish roos I have!!! Dang it-but the babies between the "new" roo and my WB crested will be gorgeous???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by