Thoughts, male or female?

AmericanMom

Songster
6 Years
Aug 10, 2013
Oregon

Our Roo is very protective of these Hen raised chicks, the BA in the pic is the Hen who hatched them but not there mother, they were donated eggs from the Lady who gave us the Roo, he could be father, brother, uncle or cousin.. I know one is silkie and the other is an EE but unsure of the sex.. I'm almost thinking the Silkie is going to be an early morning wake up call?? Thoughts?? What about the EE.. I'm leaning tword hen but unsure, they are Exactly 3 Months today

Both the chicks look like roos to me. A silkie X with that much pink comb and wattle at 12 weeks usually says boy, and the EE has red feather patches on his shoulders and those look like rooster tail feathers.

Both the chicks look like roos to me. A silkie X with that much pink comb and wattle at 12 weeks usually says boy, and the EE has red feather patches on his shoulders and those look like rooster tail feathers.
dangit!!! I should take a pic of the other two EE hens I have... I was so hoping this one was another hen....but wait, if its a roo I can keep it and mate with the other EE's and have lots of EE babies and then.........
barnie.gif

I wanted the silkie to be female also... I'm now sure its sister was the one the stinking dogs next door killed
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom