thoughts on 2 week old EE that is darn cute

kristip

Songster
10 Years
Jul 29, 2010
New Glarus
HI, meet Lea ( as in in princess lea)

so wanted your thoughts. This is a two week old bantam EE. Came from a blue egg. Father was a cochin silkie mix and mom was an ee. It is 2 weeks old. it was one of the first in my mix of chicks to get a tail. It has a slight comb also. Most overall feathers early compared to others. When born it was yellow with chipmunk pattern. Now has a cool color pattern that I am guessing will look splashy. White silkie that is 3 week is behind her. Have you seen this pattern on hens? In theory, I have heard that most white colored EE tend to be roos.

this is a one day old pic- she is the yellow chipmunk in middle. second smallest bantam. so i am wondering abiout comb indicitave of roo at 2 weeks of age and how the color will come out????

Last edited:
Idk, but what a beauty!! Keep updating with pics as your little one feathers out, I wanna see how she looks with all her big-girl feathers!!

Now 4 week old with a rose type comb coming in. She has beautiful colors and great feathered hocks... but her comb is getting bigger so not sure now if boy or girl. Really want this to be a girl. Any thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom