1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thoughts on breed mixes for these 2?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MasAhora, Mar 13, 2017.

1. MasAhora

MasAhora Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2016
    Paraguay
    These 3 are mixes, I'm curious what might be in their mix
    The 1st is a purchased chick, 2nd and 3rd are from DP hens/rooster inherited with the property.

Thunderlina, 4mths she is a "meaty mix" but grew slower so lived.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Boofy 5-ish months, I think she just dropped a shelless egg last night, 1st egg from her but she honks a bit like a boy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boofy's half sibling Goldfish with Thunderlina who is same age.
    Goldfish has feathered legs and also honks a bit like a boy.
    [​IMG]

P.S. The orange dog crate lid has a very determined escape artist broody under it [​IMG])

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Escape artist broody? If she trying to get out she's probably not broody. Lol

3. MasAhora

Nov 20, 2016
    Paraguay
    She goes straight back to her nest and steals eggs, if she finds a way out the pen, hence the dog crate....and the brick...and the timber wedge![​IMG]

4. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Bad chicken.

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Boofy may be a Polish mix. The others are so mixed that it is hard to tell what breeds went into them (for me at least).

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

7. MasAhora

Nov 20, 2016
    Paraguay
    A Polish chook in Paraguay with an owner from Australia who was born in Africa.... now this homestead is getting interesting [​IMG]

The parents looked nothing like a polish, just like all the local egg layer chickens, however a couple of chicks have a puffy boofy head and one has half feathered legs.
    So maybe there is a fancy breeder around town for me to discover! I may even get a chance to ask the previous property owner, she bought the adult chooks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by