Thoughts on Brinsea 40 advance incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Brakesilkiechic, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Brakesilkiechic

Brakesilkiechic In the Brooder

Apr 11, 2015
    Hi everyone! I'm looking into getting a second incubator. I currently have an Incuview incubator that I'm constantly having to hover around to keep humidity up and now hand turning eggs till they send me a new motor for the turner. Ugh
    I've read a lot about Brinsea products and I'm pretty sure these are the way to go if the money isn't problem! Lol I love hatching but have had a couple bad hatches here recently and would love something more reliable!
    Does anyone know how many bantam eggs the Brinsea 40 holds? Do you think it's too big for a backyard hobby girl? Current incubator holds 36 bantam eggs and I find myself wishing it held more.... Lol
    I have many questions on this brand / type of incubator so I'd love to hear from someone who has one!

2. feedman77

feedman77 Songster

Jun 10, 2013
    I have the brinsea 20. Great incubator.

Was looking at getting a 40.

But for the price of a 40 I would look at a dickeys or gqf sportsman. Both are cabinet bators.

3. badwhiskey

badwhiskey Songster

Mar 29, 2013
    I have the 20 advance...all digital and rocker! Best bator I have ever had

4. Brakesilkiechic

Apr 11, 2015
    I totally bought it! I can't believe I hit the buy button! Lol but I'm so ready for a more easy bator! When you set the eggs do they stand fat end up? My lay horizontally in my current incubator

5. badwhiskey

badwhiskey Songster

Mar 29, 2013
    Pointy end down!

6. badwhiskey

badwhiskey Songster

Mar 29, 2013
    I don't even check much with the Brisnea...I forget it's running half the time...it's a joy to own!

7. badwhiskey

badwhiskey Songster

Mar 29, 2013
    I never liked the incuview reviews...kinda sketchy

8. Brakesilkiechic

Apr 11, 2015
    That's what I'm excited about....not having to constantly check it! Lol do you have the humidity pump or do you just fill the chambers?
    My Incuview holds a good temp....humidity is hard to keep steady unfortunately...I had really great hatches at first but they have gotten progressively worse. So hence why he new awesome bator! [​IMG][​IMG]

9. badwhiskey

badwhiskey Songster

Mar 29, 2013
    Not paying a dime for the humidity pump...I fill one reservoir and stay between 50-60% humidity and on lockdown I fill both up full with water and lock it down..I live in tx and it's humid down here so that's what works for me

10. badwhiskey

badwhiskey Songster

Mar 29, 2013
    i sometimes put a small piece of sponge in there before lock down if I need to bump it up

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by