Thoughts on Purina Omega 3 pellet feed?

BYOChickens

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 23, 2010
So I have bounced around a little bit on feed from Purina layer to Organic feed and now looking at the Purina Omega 3 pellets. Anyone have thoughts on this feed or any feed in general. The organic pellets in my area are twice the price as non organics and not sure if worth the extra expense. What are your thoughts on feed?

there have been other discussions on this. i read some months ago and after getting coupons bought 2 bags. my birds preferred omega 3 over dumor and layena. the pellet size is much smaller. bantams, silkies and standards all ate it. but i cant afford it at 10lbs lighter than regular pellets. i thought egg production better for fall and had fewer molting older ladies.

I too noticed that the pellet size was smaller. Probably means more consumption??? Haven't heard any complaints at our daily meetings. If it is more beneficial though I would tend to stay with it. Can anyone recommend an equivelent food at comparable price?

I got a coupon and bought one bag. Yes I did notice smaller pellets that I was suprised my girls ate them without any problems. They were very picky about the Layena pellets refused to eat them.

I hope Purina does make them a bit smaller and I would go pellets. Other than that I will stick with crumbles with Flock Raiser which they have done so well on them.

Not sure if it made any difference on the Omega eggs. I honestly can not tell the diffeence.

Back
Top Bottom