Thoughts on this Poultry Fount

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by TheSpiceGirls, Dec 23, 2014.

1. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    [​IMG]

Does anyone use these Poultry Founts? Do you like them? Or dislike them? I'm looking for honest feedback.

I have one hen that will NOT use a nipple waterer so that's out for me. And hauling the 3 gallon waterers out for cleaning and refilling is starting to hurt my back. It will require me to have a plumber out to run a supply line to my run. Which I'm willing to pay for provided these watering devices get some positive reviews.

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
  3. pdirt

pdirt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I haven't used that fount because it needs to be plumbed, but I have seen (online on BYC) others having used them. Looks very well made and should last a long time. If all your birds are the same size, this would probably work very well. You want to set the height at the level of the chickens' backs. This will allow for easy drinking and yet be high enough off the ground the reduce dirt and litter getting into the fount. If you have different sizes of birds, you will want to set it at the height of the back of your shortest chicken...and know that it will get dirty more quickly. IIRC, they are easy to clean nonetheless...just wipe your hand through the fount to clear out debris.

Hopefully others who have actually used it will pipe up here for you.

4. RonP

RonP Chillin' With My Peeps

I was thinking about this type also.

My deep litter run varies in height.

This would work for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by