Thoughts on Turkey ownership with pics

eviered

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 23, 2009
I thought you might enjoy pictures of our turkeys. We have two breeding pairs: two Eastern Wild and two Spanish Black. I also had two standard bronze, but one keeled over as a poult and one was "lost" -- just disappeared one day. We free range on 10 acres, but these buggers just hang out at the house. I am hoping they each set a nest this spring. They really think my daughter is MOMMY and follow her around the yard and race to her side when she is outdoors. The one thing about these suckers is they are LOUD. And they get into everything -- top of the house, top of the cars, you name it. If they aren't fed on schedule they gobble, if the dogs bark they gobble. And they poop. A lot. On everything. So yeah, thinking about turkeys is very romantic, actually having turkeys is kind of a pain.

turkey1.jpg

turkey3.jpg

Gorgeous birds!!!!!

Hmmm....maybe if I DON'T tell my hubby about their TONS of poop and roosting on top of cars I can continue to convince him to let me have a couple when we get our 'farmette'?! lol

They are gorgeous birds!

Awwwww .... i love the pic of your daughter holding the turkey. You could pasture the birds so they don't poop on your car. But I love my free-range noisy gobbling friendly turkeys!!! And, if you think about it, NO pet or livestock is without it's negatives. Dogs, cats, etc.

Back
Top Bottom