Thread for hope!

Lphenderson5

Hatching
Apr 22, 2019
D7A15011-94C9-498B-AB06-2FE806243F77.jpeg
A39CEC3C-B88E-48A3-A5A8-5A401C92843B.jpeg
Hi! I’m new to chickens and this community but I’ve really found a love for chickens! I just want to post this to hopefully give someone hope if this ever happens to one of your flock members!
On April 15th our chickens were attacked by something (we’re guessing fox) but we aren’t sure. Three of our hens were killed and our Roo was missing his top beak! We couldn’t afford to take his to any of the places around that actually would see chickens. He seemed to be in good spirits and was using water to clean out his bottom beak. We figured we would just wait and see what happens as long as he wasn’t suffering. So every day he seemed fine but no beak still. On April 21st I went out to feed and water and he had grown almost a whole new beak in a matter of one day!!! Yay!

View attachment 1747777 View attachment 1747778 Hi! I’m new to chickens and this community but I’ve really found a love for chickens! I just want to post this to hopefully give someone hope if this ever happens to one of your flock members!
On April 15th our chickens were attacked by something (we’re guessing fox) but we aren’t sure. Three of our hens were killed and our Roo was missing his top beak! We couldn’t afford to take his to any of the places around that actually would see chickens. He seemed to be in good spirits and was using water to clean out his bottom beak. We figured we would just wait and see what happens as long as he wasn’t suffering. So every day he seemed fine but no beak still. On April 21st I went out to feed and water and he had grown almost a whole new beak in a matter of one day!!! Yay!
Wow, I didn’t know they could grow a new beak like that! That’s amazing!

Back
Top Bottom