1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thread Recovery?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Chickenfan4life, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    I was writing a thread and my computer erased all of it while it was in edit mode, and I was wondering if there was any way you could recover it at all. I really am desperate because I spent close to 45 minutes writing it. It was a memorial to a hen of mine that just got killed.

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    If you didn't hit the submit button, there is no way to recover it, sorry.

3. Chickenfan4life

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Okay. :( I am re-writing it now, and I remember most of it, so thanks for the answer.

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

That's happened to me on a lot of different sites. Now I usually write really long stuff in notepad, word, or a different program on my computer and then copy and past it online.

5. Chickenfan4life

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Yup. I have learned my lesson. :p I'd be happy if you read it and maybe commented. That would make it really special cause it would have your post in it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by