Thread to sell/buy Incubators,turners,parts?

erthymom2

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
How about a thread that lists just incubators, hatchers, egg turners and parts for these things for sale/trade/barter??
If there was one place to look for all that, it'd be easier.

I know alot of folks start looking right after XMas for these things, and I like to look to see whats out there to get ready for Spring hatching as well.

This spring I would like to set an incubator/hatcher up in my sons classroom. I have 2 LG still air incubators, BUT they have the little windows and you can't see much. I would like to be able to have something that has a side window for better viewing. I would attempt to make a homemade one but my extent of electrical know how is plugging something into an outlet. REALLY!!

So any suggestions or ideas would be welcome.

Thanks,

SC

An Exacto knife, a couple of peices of 1/8" Plexiglass from Lowes or Home Depot, and a roll of duct tape. Bingo! An incubator with big veiwing windows.

An Exacto knife, a couple of peices of 1/8" Plexiglass from Lowes or Home Depot, and a roll of duct tape. Bingo! An incubator with big veiwing windows.

Ok I can do that!! But how do you heat it? Or could you use the top of the LG incubator??​

Just make the window openings on th LG larger. Just make sure the heating coil stays in the same relative position. Should work exactly the same.

I just looked at what I wrote above and I've never done it but, there is no reason you couldn't make a completely clear base from plexiglass and use the LG top.

Last edited:
smile.png
I have 2 real nice LG incubators,forced air.Both with turners.I would like to sale these.I have not used these for even a year.The 1st one I got in Feb.2008.And the 2nd one I got in April,2008.It is not that there is anything wrong with them,but I can not do this any more.With sickness with my husband.We neither one have time to do this anymore.I am asking $100 for each.Anyone interested please PM me.Thank so much,Sandra,Richlands,NC

Back
Top Bottom