Thread to sell/buy Incubators,turners,parts?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by erthymom2, Dec 19, 2008.

1. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    How about a thread that lists just incubators, hatchers, egg turners and parts for these things for sale/trade/barter??
    If there was one place to look for all that, it'd be easier.

I know alot of folks start looking right after XMas for these things, and I like to look to see whats out there to get ready for Spring hatching as well.

2. adkins90

adkins90 Truly Obsessed...

Jan 30, 2007
    Huntington, WV
    This is an absolute wonderful idea!!!!

Hope this happens,
    Michelle

3. Slightly Cracked

Slightly Cracked Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    N.E Oklahoma
    This spring I would like to set an incubator/hatcher up in my sons classroom. I have 2 LG still air incubators, BUT they have the little windows and you can't see much. I would like to be able to have something that has a side window for better viewing. I would attempt to make a homemade one but my extent of electrical know how is plugging something into an outlet. REALLY!!

So any suggestions or ideas would be welcome.

Thanks,

SC

4. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    An Exacto knife, a couple of peices of 1/8" Plexiglass from Lowes or Home Depot, and a roll of duct tape. Bingo! An incubator with big veiwing windows.

5. Slightly Cracked

Slightly Cracked Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    N.E Oklahoma
    An Exacto knife, a couple of peices of 1/8" Plexiglass from Lowes or Home Depot, and a roll of duct tape. Bingo! An incubator with big veiwing windows.

Ok I can do that!! But how do you heat it? Or could you use the top of the LG incubator??​

6. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Just make the window openings on th LG larger. Just make sure the heating coil stays in the same relative position. Should work exactly the same.

I just looked at what I wrote above and I've never done it but, there is no reason you couldn't make a completely clear base from plexiglass and use the LG top.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  7. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    [​IMG]I have 2 real nice LG incubators,forced air.Both with turners.I would like to sale these.I have not used these for even a year.The 1st one I got in Feb.2008.And the 2nd one I got in April,2008.It is not that there is anything wrong with them,but I can not do this any more.With sickness with my husband.We neither one have time to do this anymore.I am asking $100 for each.Anyone interested please PM me.Thank so much,Sandra,Richlands,NC

8. ArabiansR2Cool

ArabiansR2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

Looking for an egg turner for my LG incubator...

9. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    I'm looking for a Hovabator 1588 w/ turner--please! [​IMG]

10. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Me too! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by