threads with a lot of pages ???

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by banjoejoe4783, Jan 28, 2011.

1. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    it seems that threads with a lot of pages load slower than others like the OKIE thread is that due to all the pages on that thread ? will us chater box OKIE need to start a new thread ?? and would that help the thread to load fster ? it seems that everthing elss is runing faster now thanks to the upgrade thanks BANJO

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I'm guessing that it's because of the large number of page numbers on the "jump to page" menu which your computer needs to load. I could be entirely wrong, though.

3. banjoejoe4783

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    it look like it is the longst thread with 55325 pages and it is giting slower all the time thanks

4. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    It has nothing to do with the thread or the number of pages. Sometimes your server is very busy during peak traffic at certain times of the day. Or you may want to re-check your computer, I can say for one the okies will not be starting another thread. Nothing wrong with the current one, pitures also can slow your page load-up times.

AL

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We'll look into it. Can you give examples of when it is happening and exactly what happens? Is it all the time on every page, or just sometimes?

I've been looking at those pages and they are loading just fine for me. In order to troubleshoot it we need to duplicate the problem, and so far we haven't been able to.

6. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    You do realize that the amount of posts on a single page can be increased so in cuts down the number of pages???

ETA: On mine it only shows that the Okies has 757 pages!! But I have mine set to 75 posts per page!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  7. Nifty-Chicken

Of course, it might make sense to close that thread (not delete it, just close it) and start a new one. That one is VERY VERY long and might just be very difficult to keep it optimized.

8. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    With the Okies thread, it pauses for a moment near the "jump to page" menu when loading. It's only for a moment, but it does happen every time.

9. banjoejoe4783

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    i love the okie thread but errvy page loads slow and no it is not my computer i have tried difreant computers at home and work all the other threads load fine but when i try to talk on th okie thread it loads verry slow do not want ot ofend any one just whated to try to make things run faster thanks BANJO

10. Nifty-Chicken

Which browser and version are you using on those computers?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by