Three baby roos? No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Feb 25, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    The Three Chickateers are 4 weeks old today.

I've been feeling pretty smug thinking that out of the three, only one - Cash - was a roo. He's feathering in much slower and his comb has been pink since he was two weeks old (just like his dad, Impy). This morning I let the younger flock out and seemingly overnight, TJ and Rowdy are both sporting pink combs now too.

Three baby roos???? No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Liamm_1

Liamm_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

What's the problem? That's 3 future chicken dinners! [​IMG]
    I've got 6 or 7 chicken dinners in the brooder now [​IMG]

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Nope, nope. Three baby roos means I am going to have to come up with a bachelor pad somehow.

They have names, therefore they aren't food. [​IMG]

4. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    Exactly, Gritty! My dad wanted to eat some of the older hens in my flock and I said, "No, dad! They have names! I would sit at the table and starve before I would eat any of the ones with names!"... Haha! He changed his mind on that one!

It seems that we both need a bachelor pad! Haha..

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yeah, I was scared of that in your last pictures posted, but I didn't want to be the bearer of bad tidings.[​IMG] I was hoping against hope, but they were looking like young cockerels. I think Imp did it.[​IMG]

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Imp only has to claim responsibility for two of them. The other one is Thor's fault. [​IMG]

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

That's the thing with incubating and hatching - it's all straight run. Ordering or buying sexed pullets fools ya, and you think, "I can do this on my own!"

And that's how I have so many roosters. Darn it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by