Three buff silkie pullets

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BamaChicken, Dec 31, 2008.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    These little girls are now 6 weeks old and have nearly feathered all in. I just took pics of the the girls but the boys are nice too. All clear. No dark feathering at all. I wish I had had a better place to pose them but they are round little fluff balls
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Gorgeous! I want them. How do you know already that they are pullets?

3. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    Quote:Are you sure they are girls? The one on the right looks "rooish" to me!

4. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    They are girls. I look at the build, their featthers on the head grow all the way down to the beak. No comb visible. I will have to take some pics of the cockerels tomorrow so you can see the difference. Now I am not saying that on all silkies at this age you can tell but some you can. So far I have never guessed a pullet wrong. I have guessed a cockerel and it turned out to be pullet. I have hatched a lot chicks. Sometimes it is very hard to tell this early

5. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Pure evil... all of those balls of fluffy lovliness... I am transfixed and mesmerized by their wickedness...Make the madness stop... [​IMG]

6. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    They are very nice!! I now have 3 buff silkie chicks and I hope all 3 are girls as of now I am over ran with roos and don't have to heart to rehome any...LOL

7. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Did you ever put me on your list for eggs this spring??? I think I contacted you in August. [​IMG]

8. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I love them all but the Buff ones just make my heart go PitterPatter. Beautiful little Buffs, Julie.

9. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Those are sweet little buffs. Good job Julie! Buffs just have a way of stealing your heart. [​IMG]

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

They look really neat! I can't wait until the ones you sent me for Bammony hatch. They come out of the turner tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by