Three bullseyes! Anybody ever seen this?

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Whenever I cook eggs, I have a habit of doing a quick check for the bullseye, just to see how my roo is doing ya know.
wink.png

My girls have recently started laying some rather large eggs. I cracked a dozen open into a bowl tonight to cook for supper and was surprised to see three bullseyes on one egg. All in different places on the yolk.
How is that possible? Anyone ever see more than one bullseye per egg before?
I was in a hurry to get supper done, so didn't take time for a pic but the bullseyes were very prominant and very clear.
ETA: The eggs were very fresh, laid today.

Last edited:
I don't know where I read it, but I'm pretty sure I've seen something that says multiple roosters can fertilize a single egg. Maybe he's been doing his job really well.

Quote:
Umm that's what I thought too?
hu.gif

Great! I have hens that won't go broody to save their lives and an overproductive roo.
hmm.png

I recently got one with 2!!! I thought it was really weird but now I know I'm not the only one that checks the yolks! I only have a little Japanese bantam roo and red sexlinks, barred rocks, and 1 EE. Can't believe he can "handle it" if you know what I mean?

I have seen one with three before myself but I just shrugged it off!

And I only have one rooster, a little banty who loves his girls...

You have to wonder if twin chickens can occur by a single egg splitting like in humans... I doubt it, but you never know...

Quote:
Umm that's what I thought too?
hu.gif

Great! I have hens that won't go broody to save their lives and an overproductive roo.
hmm.png

Join the club...but my roo is a bantam and the big girls brush him off like a fly. Or step sideways wondering why he just doesn't pass by! LOL I am just praying for a bantam egg to be fertilized by the bugger, all I have left is one cochin hen! I pray to the rooster gods that he can hit the target atleast 2 times! ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom