Three buttons now. Pics.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Pokes79, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Pokes79

Pokes79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    I woke up this morning to a tiny little button quail in my incubator on day 16. Pictures coming soon. Darn I have to go to work. I am going to take off at noon though.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  2. Plain_View_Farm

Plain_View_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Central Virginia
    Go buttons!!!
    How many eggs do you have in with that one?

Hoping you a GREAT hatch,
    David

3. Pokes79

Sep 4, 2009
    I have 20 but it doesn't look like all of them developed in the egg. They are dark and tiny, so I couldn't really candle them that well. I left them all in the incubator anyway.

4. Plain_View_Farm

Plain_View_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Central Virginia
    I have never had any luck candling Button eggs. I just leave them in the Bator 21 or 22 days and see what makes..

David

5. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Any more yet????

6. Pokes79

Sep 4, 2009
    I came back from lunch and now I have two. One is yellow colored and one is brownish black. Pictures coming.

7. Pokes79

Sep 4, 2009
    I have three little ones now. I hope they keep on coming...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  8. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Looks like you have a blue face and either a silver or cinnamon had to tell with the hue of the picture. They sure are cute

9. Pokes79

Sep 4, 2009
    This is day 17. I have four up and running around in my brooder, one egg that is rocking slightly, and two pips. I got them from a guy on ebay that says they are "European Tuxedo Buttons" whatever that means. Cute regardless. When I ordered them I didn't realize they were in San Diego. That is a heck of a trip to Oklahoma for hatching eggs.

10. zhekaz

zhekaz Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2009
    MN
    Quote:I doupht that you get any tuxedos. I bought from him once and never got toxedos. I talk to him via email and he said that it very hard to get toxedos, that it is in their blood and you have to do alot of breeding in order to get toxedos. I loved my quails from him, but i was disappointed i was expecting to get toxedos. From emailing back and forth i got one thing, that i will not get toxedos. I hope you will:) but i doubt.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by