1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Three cochin roosters free in Arkansas

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RaeC, Dec 8, 2007.

1. RaeC

RaeC Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2007
    Mc Rae, AR
    Hey guys, I have three boys I need to find homes for. One is a blue standard, about nine months old,
    one is a splash standard, looks about five or six months old, and one is a mutt bantam, maybe birchen & red, who's about two years old.

The splash can be seen here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=22799 The other two I'll have to upload pics of later.

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    Where did the blue and splash come from? Are they SQ?

3. RaeC

RaeC Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2007
    Mc Rae, AR
    I purchased both at a local flea market. No idea if they're SQ, I don't know what qualifies a bird for SQ. The blue, to me, is quite the handsome bird, very large, good color, nice feathering. But, I don't know if he's show quality or not.

Here's the blue boy, though not a good pic: [​IMG]

This is his brother, the one I'm keeping, for comparison: [​IMG]

And kind of an old pic of Max, the banty: [​IMG]

4. RaeC

RaeC Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2007
    Mc Rae, AR
    Anybody? [​IMG]

I'll tell ya, I've tried to get rid of the bantam so many times. [​IMG]

5. Sherriekim

Sherriekim Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    I just want you to know if there was anyway to get the splash or the blue to me here in Idaho, I'd take him in a second! I would even pay for shipping, but this time of year... oh, way to cold! Nobody is ever close enough to me for pick up. [​IMG] I thought I had three standard cochin pullets and one roo, well, I got four hens. [​IMG] All your roos sure are pretty, the little guy is adorable and I love that he is on the kitchen counter!

6. echickenlove

echickenlove Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2008
    Bella Vista AR
    Hi. How far away are you from Bella Vista? I would love to take them!! I am currently looking for a few birds to keep as pets and they would be great! Please let me know if they are still available..thanks so much!

7. RaeC

RaeC Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2007
    Mc Rae, AR
    Email sent.

These boys are still available! [​IMG]

8. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Im not sure where McRae is either, but I am in Mulberry, AR and I am also interested if they aren't already gone.

9. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Where is Mc Rae Arkansas? What part of the state? I guess could always make a road trip if it wasn't too far.
    Monty

10. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Ok, so I got un-lazy and used yahoo maps. McRae, AR is NE of Little Rock. Almost straight NE of Cabot. Hope this helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by