Three duck egg kind of morning.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newbyduckmom, Nov 8, 2011.

1. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    I haven't been able to sleep this morning, so I was watching our duck cam to see if I could determine who/when the ducks laid their eggs. No such luck. Just went out to the duck house at 5:30 am (a little earlier than normal) as they seemed to be acting rather strangely. I have three duck eggs this morning. My third hen finally started laying. No clue when they lay, but it's before 5:30 am. What sort of behavior do they exhibit when they lay? My oldest hen has been planted in the corner of the duck house where the eggs are for the last two hours.

2. newbyduckmom

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Went in opened bedroom door in total darkness....hubby said, "yeeeessssss?" I said, "we have a third egg." "Is that why you went out, ducks okay?' (He heard me deactivate the alarm etc) He puts up with me, and my ducks, bless him. [​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Sounds like someone may be going broody ot thinking about it. [​IMG]

4. newbyduckmom

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Yeah, she seemed to start going broody shortly after she started laying. And I discouraged it. Thinking maybe in the spring....might need to see if we can hatch a few ducklings though. Shhhh...don't tell hubby. [​IMG]

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Okay I won't [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by