Three gorgeous Roos-Pleasant Lake MI

Mizshelli

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2017
I think I posted this in the wrong forum, because these birds are actually giveaways....

I received 6 chicks from my terminally ill neighbor back in June because she could no longer care for them (she has since passed away, sadly). We have ended up with four roosters of the six. They are just about 5 months old. I only have 17 birds total and cannot keep more than one rooster. They are really great birds, haven't been handled much so they don't attack us or the grandbaby (he spends a lot of time in the run with them), and they have been trained to come when you shake a bag of treats. They are well-fed, gorgeous boys, and I just heard the third one crow for the first time yesterday. It breaks my heart to give them away, but I just can't keep them.
Here are pictures. Their breeds are a mystery to me but maybe someone else knows. The first one is Ron, second is Hedwig (named before we knew he was a boy), and the third is Roo (formerly known as Ginny).

IMG_1688.JPG

IMG_1689.JPG

IMG_1690.JPG

I love the Harry Potter names, we had 6 out of 8 chicks cockrels, and one 2-3 month old that was claimed to be a hen. 7 in all. We tried to sell them off Craigslist and places like this, but it might take a while. If you have anybody in the area who keeps or will keep chickens and could take in a rooster, definitely do it. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom