Three little duckies.. What do I do??

luckychick105

Songster
6 Years
May 4, 2017
Ireland
Last night my parents came home with three little ducklings that had been wandering the road in the dark. I have never had ducks before and I don't know what to feed the I also don't know what age they are or whether they should be on heat or not. If anyone could give a bit of guidance or advice it would be greatly appreciated. I will post pics as soon as I can!

luckychick105

IMG_0309.jpg IMG_0310 (1).jpg
Duck 1
IMG_0311.jpg
duck 2
IMG_0313.jpg IMG_0314.jpg
duck 3

These are the ducklings, does anyone know what breed they are or roughly what age they are.
None of our local stores sell Purina all flock so we are going to have to order some, but what can we feed them in the meantime?

Attachments

• IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 7
To be honest calling a wild life rehabber would be the best for these little ones, they can feed them and also make it possible to be released when old enough. If you feed them an care for them they won’t have learned how to make it in the wild they will be dependent on you. It’s illegel to keep wild waterfowl with out a permit. I truly don’t blame your parents or you for taking them in they would have been eaten for sure. In the mean time check other feed stores it doesn’t have to be Purina there are other brands of all flock just look on the bag for pictures of ducks along with other poultry and get crumble not pellets you may have to wet the feed with warm water to get them to eat it you’ll just have to try dry or wet like a soup. Heat lamp set up on one side of the brooder so they can choose to be under or not.

They appear to be mallard babies. Have you or your parents checked the area where they were found to see if mom and dad are nearby searching for them or have been hit by a car and killed? I would think calling a rehab or would be best but in the meantime they will need at least water. What cutie pies!

Back
Top Bottom