1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

three NEW girls....breed/gender?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JennieG, Dec 17, 2015.

1. JennieG

JennieG Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2015
    Hi everyone I have obtained 3 new girls and curious as to their breed? I think the Carmel color is an Ameracana, the big black and white is a cockoo maran and the dark copper I'm unsure off. I'm about 80% sure the maran is a roo, but he/she doesn't know it yet. The copper one I'm about 45% sure is another roo. Any help would be great!!![​IMG]

2. beetandsteet

beetandsteet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2015
    SE Texas
    From a distance they look like pretty chickens! However, it's really hard to tell much from that far away. Do you have any other pictures that are closer up?

3. JennieG

May 4, 2015
    I hope this helps?

[​IMG]

4. JennieG

May 4, 2015
    [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

5. JennieG

May 4, 2015
    [​IMG]

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

The caramel one is an Easter Egger (if it has a blue egg gene) definitely not an Amaraucana. The black and white one appears to be a cuckoo marans. I can't see the copper one well enough to guess. I also can't guess what their sexes are.

1 person likes this.
  7. Cheep N Peep

Cheep N Peep Chillin' With My Peeps

The buff one is an EE girl, the gold/black girl is probably a Golden Laced Wyandotte, and I can't tell what the rooster is for sure, but it looks like a Cuckoo Marans.

1 person likes this.
  8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I see an EE pullet, a gold laced Wyandotte pullet and a cuckoo Marans cockerel.

9. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Not a Marans. Those earlobes are white.

10. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Good call. Would that make it a production black, then? I'm not sure what color skin they have. maybe just a mixed breed.....I think barred Hollands are supposed to have light skin, but they have red lobes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by