Three week orpingtons!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ATChicken, Oct 25, 2014.

1. ATChicken

ATChicken Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2014
    My Orpington chicks are now three weeks old as of Monday. They've got a huge new brooder thanks to the ideas on this forum and all the help I have received. I was definitely paranoid on their arrival and with my little black girl. They appear to be thriving and happy. Lots of happy sounds throughout the day and just had pasta pieces today. Boy, that's is by far their favorite. I had to chase them all down to try to get some of the pieces back to get the pine shavings off them. Unfortunately I did see a few small shavings eaten. Lesson learned.

I'm currently working on their large (shed 16x6 or something like that) coop. I'm putting up play wood on the inside to finish it and they're is cement flooring. My plan is sand at the bottom. I am going to build some nest boxes this weekend. Any must have suggestions welcome.

Lastly I am already planning one more batch of babies before winter. I am wondering if I get the brown egg layer lot of hens would that be an issue? I don't want a lot of fighting or anything like that in my group. Or I was thinking maybe I could wait and let the girls have some chicks? Probably getting way ahead of myself with that. I live in GA, and have 5 acres I'd like to share with some more hens.

I have a roo in my group too, if anyone thinks they know which one he is, let's hear it!

Sorry for the random ramble- I'm just an excited and proud new chicken mama!!
    [​IMG]

2. ATChicken

ATChicken Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Pennychickens1

Pennychickens1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2014
    Love the picture

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by