THREE WHITE SHOWGIRLS

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by bethbug74, Dec 29, 2012.

1. bethbug74

bethbug74 The Lady Gadfly

Mar 28, 2011
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    I have a three lovely pure white showgirls available. They are about 8 weeks old; hatched on October 29th, 2012. They are beautiful, with good silkie conformation, 5 toes, great purple skin, middle toe feathering, and excellent vaulted skulls and crests. They both have beards and bowties. They will be sexually mature at about 6 months. These cuties are out of Inga Ladd stock. The first two photos are of them at about 5 weeks. They are quite a bit more impressive now, their crests are absolutely huge even at just 8 weeks. I have included a few pics of their older siblings and mothers, so you'll know what to expect. Please visit our website at compoundshowgirls.weebly.com if you aren't sure what a Showgirl is. These birds are extremely rare and valuable. I would like $40 for each of them. If you'd like all three, you may have them for $100 even. I don't charge as much as they are really worth, since I've never had any interest in showing. All of the feedback I've received and my own extensive research indicates that these bird's parents would compete quite well. Please don't contact me if you plan on asking for them for even less. These are certainly fantastic show prospects. Showgirls are shown as AOV Silkies, and a Showgirl is a Showgirl, even if it is a boy.
    Sorry, I'm just not comfortable shipping live birds, so you'll have to come pick them up. I will happily hold them for you upon Paypal payment receipt.
    Call or text 479-739-one864, PM me on BYC, reply to this ad in the thread, or use the email contact form on our home page if you are interested in them. I will meet you in Fort Smith to minimize microbial transfer to my valuable flock.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  2. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Very nice birds ...worth every single penny...to bad you dont ship....

3. bethbug74

Mar 28, 2011
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    I might ship...I just have never done so in the past. I probably need to remedy that anyhow. I have found a couple places online to order USPS approved shipping boxes from, but does anyone know if post offices generally have them, as well? I'd like to be able to get hold of a single box on short notice, rather than having to order 100 of them at a time.

4. Daisy9696

Daisy9696 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2012
    Minnesota
    I am interested!! Will you ship to Minnesota? Thanks

5. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    PO Dont Sell boxes for birds.....you can ask at your local feedstore....

or you can also get it here

http://www.featherauction.com/detai...-approved-shipping-boxes-with-filter-attached

someone has them on sale for les than 8 dls...

also stop by your post office and ask them if you need to make reservations to ship birds ...if you do ,ask for the number to call...

you can pay for shipping online and will save the buyer 10 to 20 dls than if you go to the PO

I have ship birds many times ,is only the first time a little dificult...but once you know what to do , it helps you relocate your birds faster..

feel free to ask if you have any questions...

1 person likes this.
  6. bethbug74

Mar 28, 2011
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by