ThreeBoysChicks - Hatch #2 -Complete 3 Hatched (PICS)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ThreeBoysChicks, Mar 5, 2009.

1. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Hatch #1 was a success with 8 chicks
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1530743#p1530743

Hatch #2 started off as 6 Buff Orpingtons and 4 Araucanas from HINKJC Poultry. I had ordered the Buffs and Jodi kindly added the Araucanas as extras. Thanks!!

[​IMG]

On Day #18 2 Buff Orpingtons and 2 Araucanas went into the Hatcher. 3 Buffs and 2 Araucanas were clear and 1 of the Buffs had given up early.

As of 3/5/2009 at 11:30 PM - I have a nice size PIP in one of the Araucana eggs. I love this hatching trip....

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  2. ThreeBoysChicks

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    3/6/2009 5:45 pm - One Araucana hatched. 3 more eggs to go. I need to go take a picture.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  3. ThreeBoysChicks

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    3/7/2009 6:00 am EST 1 Araucana and 1 Buff hatched. 1 Buff - Big PIP. Still watching the other Araucana egg.

This is the Araucana baby last night about 2 hours after hatching. The egg he is sitting next to immediately starting pipping once this little guy got out and started making lots of noise.
    [​IMG]

This the Buff just getting out of his egg. The other Buff Egg has a good sized pip. The Araucana is like what is going on up there????
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the picture quality, but I am taking them through a window that has steam on it and I am trying to be really good and NOT OPEN THE HATCHER. It is hard though...

4. ThreeBoysChicks

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    3/7/2009 6:53 am EST 1 Araucana and 2 Buff hatched. Watching the last Araucana egg. It is hard to see if there is a PIP or not. I love hatching....... [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Ed, congrats on the new babies! You're doing pretty well on your hatches in your homemade bator.

Hey, I am going to try to collect you some BR eggs this week, in spite of my limitations. I did go into the coop yesterday and if I can catch enough BRs on the nest, I may be able to send some out a week from this Monday, if you want me to. And I left Meg in with Suede for a few more days, so I may get some of hers, too. Cant promise anything, but I can try. Let me know if you still want some, buddy.

6. ThreeBoysChicks

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    This go round, out of 4 eggs put in the hatcher, 2 Buffs and 1 Araucana hatched.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by