Throw a puppy into the mix

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by P-Funk, Aug 11, 2011.

1. P-Funk

P-Funk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    [​IMG] I got the cutest puppy ever this weekend. He was born and bred to keep foxes away from the girls. The cats hate him. The ants have moved in on his food bowl in the same room the brooder is in. The girls don't know he's just playing when he bolts across the yard @ 55 miles an hour. The gardens have turned into something like the surface of mars. The carpet, well, the carpet, let's just say it's going to be replaced. My buddy from high school called out of the blue last night and said 'just wait until he hits 7 months'. I was afraid to ask why.

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    [​IMG] Good luck, anyway [​IMG]

3. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    And where are the pics? [​IMG]

4. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Quote:

5. P-Funk

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    Your pic. He has two brothers who need homes, too.
    [​IMG]

6. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Very cute! My jrt is almost 17 but he was always a good boy. He knows how to kill, though he rarely gets the chance. It's just instinct with him. I wouldn't count on your cute puppy not preying on the girls. Have fun with him though, he'll probably fetch a ball for hours on end. [​IMG]

7. P-Funk

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    Now he's chewing on an extention cord [​IMG] He really is oblivious to the fact that some animals around here might take a while to get used to him. Poor guy. It's just like having a real kid, I mean, I was personally invited to my class reunion last night but had to say 'I have a new puppy'.

8. codymax2

codymax2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Liverpool, NY
    haha! I ALWAYS wanted a puppy as a kid, bought my first house and a new puppy!! Yay for about 2 hrs! Puppies are horrible, cute and adorable but horrible! I have 3 kids with one on the way and a puppy is WAY harder. They can run, poop and pee, and chew!! And it's does get worse...... my rottie pup chewed the entire side of my garage off before I noticed =P ate everything including a couch. BUT he is an awesome dog now and I wouldn't trade it [​IMG] enjoy puppyhood =P

9. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    New puppy!!! Head to Wallyworld they have a rug cleaner in the pet department that actually works It will take the stain and smell out of your carpet its called OUT! OXY-FAST STAIN AND ODOR REMOVER They have one for wood floors as well. Worked for me when we had a litter its amazing it actually does take the smell out

10. clanreed

clanreed Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2011
    Valleyford, WA
    Quote:Here is a solution to one of your puppy problems-- Place his bowl of food inside another bowl that is slightly larger in diameter and filled with water. Ants can't get across the water to get the food. Good luck with your pup.

~Shannon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by