1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thunderstorm! :D

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by whiteflare, May 21, 2011.

1. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    There's a thunderstorm going on outside. I love thunderstorms. Enormous forks of lightning, quiet rumbling thunder. You know, it always seems inversely proportional - the brighter the lightning, the weaker the thunder. Maybe it's just me [​IMG]

Would explain why it's been stuffily hot all day! I thought it had to do with the wind direction (partly true.)... or maybe they were involved in the storms. I have no idea. The weather is quite an interesting phenomenon.

2. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    We've been having storms here, too.

I do love a good thunderstorm.

[​IMG]

3. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Love Thunderstorms! The bigger the better, although they make Rosie go nuts! She isn't afraid of them, quite the opposite! She races to the windows barking her head off and if I have to go outside to bring in stuff or collect water for our fish tanks..she races out, madly barking at the sky! [​IMG] I mean how DARE it go making all that threatening noise on her territory!

4. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    When I was a kid my parents would tell us that thunder was God moving his furniture. Anyone else hear that before? I love thunder.

5. julie75

julie75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Oh yes! My Grandma use to tell us that all the time. She also told us we had to sit down and stay quiet during a thunderstorm, but I forgot what her reasoning for that was, but it worked. I remember sitting quietly and just watching the storm. I still do that till this day, and I'm 36.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I used to tell dd that God and the angels are playing bowling up there, making all that kind of racket.

7. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    When we had a really bad storm, Dad would sprinkle holy water on us. It used to calm my sisters. I always started smoking.[​IMG]

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

Imp

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:Now, that's seriously funny. It didn't really happen, did it? [​IMG]

10. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    God moving his furniture? Oh, that's a good one. He should buy some of those pads that go on your chair legs to keep the floorboards from getting damaged, they cost about $2 for twelve at the place I work [​IMG]

Now it's just blustery, gale force, freezing winds from the north ([​IMG]) and piles of leaves splattering into our faces as they get swept off the ground. Weather changes so fast these days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by