Thunderstorms, Chasing Goats & Counting Chickens..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mrszlopez, Jun 9, 2011.

1. mrszlopez

mrszlopez Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    Im in NJ & we're getting SEVERE thunderstorms for the next few days. I usually lovk up the girls in the hutch at around 8:30 when the sun is almost fully set. Tonight, had to run out at 7:10ish because the sky was almost BLACK.

On my way to the coop, i noticed my two Pygmy girls escaped from their pen. Spent 15mins chasing them around the horse pen while it was lightening horribly. (Mind you, im TERRIFIED of thunder & lightening.)
    After finally getting them back into their pen, i had to get the girls into the hutch.

Get to the hutch & 4 of my 7 -8wkers were hiding underneath it. Gathered them up and crawl into the hutch to count my chickens. i was shocked that even in the almost pitch black darkness, i was able to tell which chickens were which, just by feeling them. I counted all of them minus one. Panicked &ran around the coop searching to find her in the hutch under Big Mama, our White Rock hen. Didnt think to feel her butt !!

But im now wondering if im the only person that is able to tell which chicken is which only by touching them [​IMG]

2. Jerseycoop

Jerseycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Hi ...I'm down the road in Manalapan and yes that was some storm! [​IMG] glad you got them all to saftey! [​IMG]

3. mrszlopez

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    Not too far from me at all ! We're over in Jackson & it is still HORRIBLE. Our house is shaking. So scary. & I wish i could just bring them all inside [​IMG]

4. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Quote:You COULD bring them all inside but I don't think that would be appropriate to have chickens running around the house [​IMG]

5. mrszlopez

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    Quote:You COULD bring them all inside but I don't think that would be appropriate to have chickens running around the house [​IMG]

Ive done it before with a few.. got in lots of trouble from the hubby [​IMG]

Hate to tell him that the new baby goat we are geting tomorrow will be running around our house with a diaper on until the rain clears !!! [​IMG]

6. Jerseycoop

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey

Ive done it before with a few.. got in lots of trouble from the hubby [​IMG]

Hate to tell him that the new baby goat we are geting tomorrow will be running around our house with a diaper on until the rain clears !!! [​IMG]

Hahaha [​IMG] video please!

7. mrszlopez

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    Well, our little boy goat smells like a big boy buck lol so i only got ONE night with him inside.
    Hubby actually okay'ed it !!!!

8. Jerseycoop

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    What a great hubby you have! Glad that you had the chance

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by