1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thursday we are getting our 12 Bronze breast turkeys!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by MTmom4three, Mar 22, 2011.

1. MTmom4three

MTmom4three Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2010
    Wild,Wonderful Montana!
    My DH and I are new to raising Turkeys, we have raised Cornish cross in the past and have 30 of those chicks now, set for to slaughter at 10 weeks. But the Turkeys we will raise in a seperate pen. I have read alot of information on raising them. Is there anyone on here with some extra info on them? Anything will be appreciated. thank you [​IMG] I will post pictures once we get them set up. yay.. so excited to be able to provide this wonderful meat for the family.

2. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Quote:We have 4 bbr in the brooder right now bout a week old tomorrow.Im a noob to turkeys as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  3. MTmom4three

MTmom4three Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2010
    Wild,Wonderful Montana!
    awww! they look great! we have a set up made in the shop for now while they are chicks. Also have 2 new chicks that will be added to our flock of laying hens, and then the pen of 30 Cornish cross, our shop is aglow with red heat lamps. lol. It is so nice to be able to provide free range and healthy meals for my kids. Saves a lot of money compared to buying the meat at the store. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by