tic tic tic..........

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Nichole77, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Nichole77

Nichole77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2007
    Arizona
    My Barred Rock and RIR have been laying for a few weeks now but my Easter Beggars haven't. The past few days their combs have gotten bigger and they are squatting when I pet them. One has been in the nest for a while moving straw around and sitting then moving then sitting again. This is too exciting. Whats wrong with me? I really hope the eggs are green or blue.

2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Nothing wrong with you at all. I'd pull up a chair and watch if I could...lol

3. steveo

steveo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Poland, Maine
    I was thinking about putting a webcam in my coop so i can see them laying.

4. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] I actually did that when mine started to lay so that I could figure out who was laying!

5. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    my mom has a security system in her pens...
    It's a camera (came with 2 or 3) she ran lines...it also came with a small TV...she links this and is able to see an/ or hear what is going on...plus the alarm system...
    around $100. To her it's priceless, she doesn't have a laptop, and the tv is small and she keeps it in her kitchen area.[​IMG]

6. Nichole77

Jul 14, 2007
    Arizona
    After all that still no egg. I only got 1 today from my RIR. Where is my green egg? AAAGH.... I thought "hey, wouldn't it be neat to have a few chickens in the yard?" But now I'm obsessed

7. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    I was thinking about putting a webcam in my coop so i can see them laying.

I thought I was sick when that thought of the prospect of this. I did stand out in the freezing cold watching which one layed that first egg, [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Nichole77

Jul 14, 2007
    Arizona
    Well here it is. I don't have a pic yet i need to get a photobucket account. So yesterday shes acting like a woman in labor, nesting, sitting, waling, nesting, sitting, all day. And nothing. So today we find an egg on the side of the house. It's like she tried and then changed her mind and then oops. SO 3 down one to go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by