TICK INVASION! Chicken to the rescue?

kjpuggles3

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 24, 2011
Soooo I live in a heavily wooded, but cleared farm area and there are ticks GALORE!
hide.gif
im worried about getting lyme disease and i just dont like having by blood sucked in general (can't imagine why) So if I get some free range chickens, will they eat them? Or are they at risk of contracting disease too?
hit.gif
my poor chicks!!! They are too cute
love.gif
but anyways, what should I do?
idunno.gif

ps- I LOVE THESE SMILIES! My first day at BYC and I LOVE IT
celebrate.gif
thanks for your help!

jumpy.gif
YAY CHICKENS
jumpy.gif

-K
wee.gif

Yes, get yourself a half dozen or so birds, depending on the size of your yard, and they'll make quick work out of the ticks. Spiders, ants, grasshoppers, etc. No pesticides, nice!!

Quote:
Guinea hens (guinea fowl) are AWESOME at eradicating ticks. They freerange and tree roost, and are quite self-sufficient, although can be loud at times, if noise is an issue. But, they get rid of ticks like none other.

Quote:
Guinea hens (guinea fowl) are AWESOME at eradicating ticks. They freerange and tree roost, and are quite self-sufficient, although can be loud at times, if noise is an issue. But, they get rid of ticks like none other.

X-2 cva34

Quote:

X-2 cva34

They are great "watch chickens" when i was a kid sounded off when anyone came onto my PAPA's property. They started before the dog did.

Back
Top Bottom