Tiger and Miracle~ Will make you Smile FORSURE :)

tmlpike

Songster
6 Years
May 16, 2013
Canada
This is Tiger :) She was born in the spring, and as she grew older she developed quite the character. She decided that the chicken coop wasn't interesting enough, so she made daily escapes into the wilderness.

However, our chicken coop is right beside the forest, where there are lots of predators that have gotten our chickens. One of the main predators we have had problems with are COYOTES. They have killed lots of our chickens :(

Even though Tiger loved exploring outside of the chicken coop, catching bugs, and eating lots of greens (especially the treats she found in our garden :p ) , I had to put her safety first. so we cut the feathers from her wing, so she wouldn't be able to fly overtop of the fence anymore.

However, this did NOT stop Tiger from flying overtop of the fence. She already knew how much greener the grass was on the other side of the fence. I was still worried about her safety, but I knew how much she was a country girl. Every day, Tiger would spend her time outside, and she would return to the chicken coop every night to sleep. Her bed was up on the window sill. :)
One night, when I went to close the chickens up for the night, TIGER WAS GONE! She was not in either of the chicken houses, or up on the windowsill. I was terrified, and knew that something was wrong. I couldn't stop crying, thinking that a coyote had got her.

I kept on praying to God, hoping that she would be okay. I searched EVERYWHERE possible, but it was extremely dark out. My mom told me to check a certain spot outside, so I did. I brought the flashlight, and was so relieved! Tiger had been found! SHE WAS IN THE NEIGHBOUR'S DOG HOUSE! :) I was so happy to find her safe and sound.

It turns out, Tiger was broody, and wanted to lay a nest of eggs where she wouldn't be disturbed, so she chose our neighbour's doghouse :)

And here are the eggs she laid! All together, there were 20 EGGS!!! WOW!

About once a day, Tiger would come running out of the dog house towards me to eat, and have a drink. She would have about a 1/2 hour break every day. She would puff up her feathers, and stretch. Other than that, she was busy laying on her nest, of 20 EGGS! :)

When Tiger laid on her nest for 21 days, she lost a lot of feathers, because she wanted to grow in nice fluffy ones to keep her babies warm. She looked very old, but was only about 1 year old.

FINALLY.... it was Tiger's due date, when her babies would hatch! After I got off of the school bus, I ran to the dog house, and Tiger was laying on her nest. I asked her very excitedly, "Are you a mother Tiger?" I heard little cheeping noises, and my heart started beating fast! I looked up to Heaven and asked "God, did she have a baby???" I was SO excited! Tiger stood up, and I saw a little yellow fluff ball underneath of Tiger. It was a miracle! Tiger had a baby!!! Here is the proudest mother with her beautiful daughter

Even though only one of Tiger's 20 eggs hatched, she was still very grateful to have a daughter. :) We were a bit worried since she was born in September, and the fall in Canada, can get quite cold, but they were okay :)

SLEEPY TIME! Seriously couldn't get any cuter!
I named her MIRACLE!

Out for their first walk! How exciting!

Momma's on the look out for predators :)

Adjusting to their new home, the neighbour's dog house :)

Momma Tiger teaching Miracle how to have a dirt bath :)

showing off their beautiful feathers :)

This is why Miracle is not brown like her mother Tiger.
This handsome boy is Tiger's husband..... Miracle's daddy.

Meet ROOSTIE :)

And then......WINTER ARRIVED!!!!​

They found a patch of grass from the heater of the house :)

But... the dog house was too small for two big girls to spend the winter in, and we recently had a dog attack on one of Tiger and Miracle's friend, "Hakuna Matata". So we needed a safer place for them to live. They moved into the shed, a MUCH larger house for them, and they fly up to the beam up by the ceiling every night to perch. :)

I couldn't believe how big Miracle had gotten!! I still remember the day when I saw her tiny little egg beside Tiger's egg :)

Isn't she just gorgeous???

JUST LIKE HER MOTHER :)

They remind me of raptors in these pictures :)

I hope they made you smile! I am very blessed.... they make me smile every day :)

Last edited:
what a beautiful story and pictures, I think this would make a good story book for kids as well. I wish Roostie would man up and hang around to protect his family. Does Tiger still yearn for the wilderness?

Thank you everyone :) I do love them very much!! Tiger still LOVES the wilderness, and has raised Miracle to love it as well. They keep each other company and are literally best friends. Roostie spent his last days with His family. He lived a very long life and unfortunately passed away. But he was the best father and husband :) I still see his beautiful colours whenever I look at his daughter. Thank you very much everyone!

Back
Top Bottom