Tiger Bronze Turkey **More pics of Males feathers**

LastChanceRanch

Songster
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
Lapeer, Michigan
I got a couple of tiger bronze turkey this year (from Porters) along with my Palms. I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to identify their genders (like the palms that have certain feather coloring "give aways"). The one is considerably smaller than the other, and I am thinking I have a pair? Thanks for any of the input! I am thinking the front is the male and the rear is the female. The front one is almost double the size of the rear. And the front one has a nice gold band in "his?" wing that the rear "female?" does not. They are 2 months old, 1 week old.

40901_2011-11-07_10-43-11_397.jpg

Last edited:
Oh awesome! Thank you! It is definately a lucky deal, I have always been into the palms (I have blue and black) and these two were just for fun, but I think they have turned out beautiful. I may have another breed to add to the pens
big_smile.png

I really like these. I would love to see more pics if you have any. Especially of the tails.
big_smile.png

Thanks! Pretty birds. I was thinking the tiger bronze were supposed to have the lines in the tails though??

Thank you. Its the pencilling in the tail that gives them their name. Porters has some nice feather pics on their website of individual feathers for a better look.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom