Tiger/Lion/other big cat scat?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Crittercountry, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Crittercountry

Crittercountry Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2007
    Lenoir City, TN
    I am fortunate enough to live very closer to a tiger rescue. Close enough in fact that you can hear them roaring sometimes. ANYWAY, I have read of using big cat urine to keep predators away. Would scat work also? Does it really work? I'm just thinking the poo would be MUCH easier to get a hold of then urine. should I just put it in the corners outside my coop? How long does it work for (assuming it works). I tried to do a search, and couldn't come up with tiger poop lol

2. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Human pee works. Have a go!

3. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Um. I'm so impressed you have access to this resource. I'm sure it will help if yu can stand the...aroma.[​IMG]

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I am sure it would work. I know it would keep me away. I sure hope for your sake that they are in heavy duty pens! I would be very nervous if they got out. [​IMG]

5. warcard

warcard Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    SE Indiana
    You could offer to let them bring the tigers over for a day trip [​IMG]

Seriously, the dung would probably work, or like dangerous chicken said human urine can do the job too. I know my husband likes that method [​IMG] (I try and tell him that humans don't 'mark' their territory, but who ever listens to me [​IMG] )

6. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Boy, my cat stinks bad enough, but a lion/tiger phew!
    I have found that by placing a plastic bag of litter box scoopings will prevent the raccoons from bothering the trash can! Sit it right on top of the lid - dunno, but so far so good!
    Skunk problems, use dehydrated, sterilized blood that you buy at the hardware store. Its not only a good fertilizer, but it deters a few of the preditors.

7. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Heavy duty pens? holy moly, I'd want a chain link over my windows- don't like the idea of rolling over and having a LOUD purring! lol.

8. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    I've heard that human urine can work as can any other predator of a big cat but I can't think of any other predator of a large cat.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Spook....are you talking about blood meal?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by