tight bands

Pics
Jul 24, 2020
NY
We have guinea chicks we put bands on they started to get tight but we kept running out of time we are going to do it tonight but just picking them up and looking at the bands it looks really bad how should we do it. We usually just use plyers to break them but I'm worried about the severity of it I will hurt them another thing is I have poultry wound spray should I apply that. Pls don't judge us I love these chicks a lot and would not want anything to happen to them.

We have guinea chicks we put bands on they started to get tight but we kept running out of time we are going to do it tonight but just picking them up and looking at the bands it looks really bad how should we do it. We usually just use plyers to break them but I'm worried about the severity of it I will hurt them another thing is I have poultry wound spray should I apply that. Pls don't judge us I love these chicks a lot and would not want anything to happen to them.
Cut off the bands!!!!

This is what I use (those are 4" & 8" tie-wraps):
DSCN6938.JPG

I too have left them on too long, :oops:, and this pair of cutter works very well to get them of without doing more damaged to the leg.

Back
Top Bottom