Tim from Texas.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tank1970, Feb 28, 2009.

1. tank1970

tank1970 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2009
    Trinity, Tx.
    My name is Tim. I live in Texas and have 12 Australorps, 1 Banty mix, 1 Cochin rooster, 1 RIR rooster, 1 Ameracauna rooster and a white Banty Frizzle Cochin rooster. I just started incubating and am disappointed because they were supposed to hatch yesterday and did not. I know it is not always exact, but I worry about having made some mistake.

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Have faith!. I had one hatch this year that was overdue by 5 days! and then on groundshog day,it started hatching out and it was a huge success. When I think of how I almost threw out 60 babies, I still shudder. All I can figure was that the temperature was too low or that they wanted to tell me about spring coming....smile or that it was my miracle hatch as I call it.

Here's a pic of the little chickies coming out.....[​IMG]

You've come to a magnificent board with lots of information, and help and caring competent people.

I'll pray for your hatch today and also your renewed hope. Welcome aboard to this BYC. If I can personally help you with my bit of knowledge, I'll be glad to try.

3. Hattie the Hen

Hattie the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi there, WELCOME!!! You will LOVE it here; they are mad on incubators here.....!!!!! I have always used a broody hen myself but they have even infected me with their enthusiasm and I've been making enquiries! Have a good time & let us know how the hatch goes---Don't panic yet, give them time. GOOD LUCK!

4. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    Hi, Tim. Where in Texas are you?

I'm not one to ask about incubating, but based on my limited experience, I don't think poor success is uncommon, especially at first. I plan on trying some "test" hatches once I get fertile eggs this summer before I start ordering specialty ones in the mail again.

What kind of incubator do you have? I know here in San Antonio it has been very unseasonably DRY here and that might make it more difficult to regulate the humidity.

5. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

6. Lil_Chickadee

Lil_Chickadee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    WV
    [​IMG]

7. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

8. chook pen jen

chook pen jen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Collie W.Australia
    [​IMG]:[​IMG] I was told if you float an egg in warm water when they are due to hatch, and watch for a few minutes(maybe 5) if there is a live chick you can see it move,and I have heard the chick cheep when I tried this .Hope your eggs bob . [​IMG]

9. skya328

skya328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    [​IMG]

Hello! I'm just outside of Dallas. I hope your hatch goes ok!!!

10. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    [​IMG] from Ohio!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by