TimberTiger on the Oregon Coast.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TimberTiger, Apr 25, 2017.

1. TimberTiger

TimberTiger Just Hatched

Apr 24, 2017
    Coos Bay Oregon
    So I'm just going to use the suggested template to get things started on here. I'll be sure to add more information and pictures to my profile as I go along.

I wouldn't say that I'm new to chickens since the first chickens I ever helped raise were back in Idaho when I was 12 but I'm definitely far from an expert. My wife has also helped raise chickens as a kid. This is our first flock that's completely ours though!

We currently have 6 Jersey Giant chicks. 5 hens and 1 Roo. We also have 3 turkeys. 1 Broad Breasted White and 2 Bronzies. They are going to be a surprise but hoping one of the bronzies is a tom! We will be getting two Indian Runner Ducks later this year as well!

I found this website while doing hours (Probably much more than was necessary) of research into what breeds I wanted.

We're pretty much into anything outdoors. We love to garden and do so every year. We live on the Oregon Coast so clamming, crabbing, and fishing is a regular thing for us.

My wife is an Optician and I work for a website called Nextdoor.

If you want to know anything else, don't hesitate to ask!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  3. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    That's certainly easy enough, but plumb backwards
    Timber Tiger.

Let me explain it again. You joined, and YOU'RE supposed
    to ask the questions. Not us. We don't ask the questions (yet)

We'll help you get it figured out.

Isn't Oregon a pretty place?

Glad you joined.

Spook

4. TimberTiger

TimberTiger Just Hatched

Apr 24, 2017
    Coos Bay Oregon
    Thanks for the welcomes!

I suppose that is a little backward but I've done a bit of lurking and already answered most of my questions! Well, the ones I've had so far at least... Figured it was only fair to join up and try to add my two cents. [​IMG]

Maybe I'm a little biased but the Oregon Coast is one of the prettiest places I've ever been to. I couldn't imagine not living somewhere coastal after moving here.

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under TimberTiger [​IMG] Welcome!

I have a question .. got any pictures you would like to share; your flock, that coast or your catch? [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. TimberTiger

TimberTiger Just Hatched

Apr 24, 2017
    Coos Bay Oregon
    I will have to get some pictures up this weekend!

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Cool! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by