Time for everyone's favorite game -- Guess the Silkies' Gender!

Yoshii

Songster
11 Years
Jan 28, 2008
Central Alabama (Chelsea)
(Back, from a lengthy absence. Real life took precedent for a long time. Back now, though!)

Recently, I picked up three buff/black mix Silkie chicks from a flea market in northern Georgia. Absolutely adorable, but I'm, of course, stumped as to their gender. One of them has a clearly vaulted skull, though, for what that's worth. I love them and they're very tame, though, but either way! I'm pretty sure they might still be way too young to tell anything, but anyone that wants to take a shot, be my guest. Otherwise, hey. Cute silkie pics.

'Fiver'
DSCF3540.jpg

DSCF3544.jpg

'Bigwig' (he's obviously got the vault)
DSCF3539.jpg

DSCF3543.jpg

'Blackavar'
DSCF3545.jpg

(No full body pic of Blackavar, I'm afraid)

No prize for guessing what book I might be a fan of.

Bonus fluffybum pic!

DSCF3525.jpg

(Blackavar, Fiver, and Bigwig, left to right)
Thanks again!

Love those fluffy butts! They are so cute. As much as i love pondering silkie gender, they are just a bit young for me to hazard a guess. The best indicator at this point might be leg size. If one or two have thicker larger legs than the others, that may be a boy.

i just love silkies at that age, so pretty and dorky looking at the same time.

beautiful! Give em another month and then post some pictures. I have a hard enough time figuring what mine are..LOL They are beautiful tho my flock is going to be a mixed color flock can't wait to see what surprising colors I'll get but I think the buff/black silkie mixes are a exciting color!

Back
Top Bottom