Time For Photos, Blue Swedish

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Oregon Blues, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    These guys are my little 7 week old Blue Swedish. They've just gotten their juvenile plumage all settle in. They are just babies, so their bodies are still slight. They will be a lot heavier in a couple of months.

I think I got some decent markings. Everybody has the white wing tips. You can see the white chin on one. That's acceptable, but not preferred.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Very cute ducks oregan blues.

3. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I tried to get a good photo that showed the difference in size between the Pekin and Swedish of the same age. The Pekin are over twice the size. But all of the photos looked like it might be just the perspective, so the size difference wasn't clear.

All those little sticks they are standing on were suckers pruned off my fruit trees. I gave them to the ducks, who happily stripped off and devoured all the leafs.

4. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    They look very nice. You have done well with the bibs and the facial white. Nice rich blue too. Lovely even bill colour. Great that you scored the white wing tips in all of them. I think the last one has the best head. The others could have a little more of a 'rise' from the top of the bill (a more rounded head). But I am just being picky.... I would be very happy if I had hatched these guys. Congratulations!

Really looking forward to more pics as they grow up! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by