Time to move the baby out of mommy and daddy's room....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Boyd, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I picked a day where my wife was going to be gone to do it... Cleaned carpets, moved things around so baby couldn't bang on glass windows, assembled the crib, put dressers in place (and used L brackets so he can't tip nothing over) .. sorry for dark pics (no flash) .....

Bed & Dresser plus TV for disney and related naptime stuff...
    [​IMG]

Of course the ever fuzzy flop on and throw a fit mat........
    [​IMG]

Think I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  2. bkreugar

bkreugar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Asheboro NC
    I don't know had you discussed this before and she was hostile or reluctant??

Both my kids slept in cradle by bed till 6 months. DH was adamant we were NOT going thru the drama of breaking them of sleeping in our room.

They then went in crib in their own room.

3. bkreugar

bkreugar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Asheboro NC
    I would say that could go either way but if she didn;t decide how to arrange the furniture... It doesn't look good for you. LOL.

4. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    no, she just wanted to wait till after my parents visit... he had his own room before, but we took in an emergency placement (foster kids) and moved him into our room... but he's now 15 months old and quite active.. Wife was worried about him getting into stuff.. So I have stuff bolted together and screwed to wall so he can't get to nothing.. and it takes an 18v cordless to get the dresser off the wall to get to any electrical outlets.. I know she wanted to wait but I want my room back [​IMG] This way I can gate his doorway for naptime and he can flop or watch tv till he wears out..

Before he'd either have to be in bedroom where I sleep (work nights) or living where the rest of the family watches tv.. and doesn't get a restful nap.

5. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    My kids stay in my room until they're weaned from breastfeeding and DH knows this. I wouldn't be upset if DH set up the baby's room; I just wouldn't use it until I was ready to wean. Jacob is 8 months now, so I've still got a ways to go before I kick him out.

6. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:Timmy is weaned.. Teeth came in early and he likes to walk around with his drink.. both disadvantageous to breastfeeding.. But he is now on whole milk and eats just about regular foods. I still got to make sure things are chopped small enough but he'll eat just about anything as long as it doesn't come on a plate or bowl?! Has to go directly on the tray of his hi-chair

7. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    The baby's a year and 3 months, time for his own room.

8. ChickenAlgebra

ChickenAlgebra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Our kids have been out of our room from the day they come home. DH and I swap night time bottles, but I take the midnight to 6 am shift, then sleep in til he leaves. Works for us. Timmy's room looks great Boyd!

9. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:its small but I am thinking it'll be easier to keep him across the hall from us. Gives me and the wife an excuse to discuss more babies in the future [​IMG] She wants a little girl, in another couple of years I may try again [​IMG]..

10. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    And better sleep for baby means better sleep for mommy, win/win.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by