Time to name that bantam breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tntchix, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Whatcha think? My daughter picked out her new bantams and they look to me very similar to our first batch. Sadly, there is only one remaining of those.
    Their feathering is coming in so they are scraggly at the moment. These are the Friday the 13th gang, named after the band Black veil Brides.[​IMG]

I would love your input and opinion on sexes is welcome also. I think we may have several roosters. Eek.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The gang.
    My tablet is not letting me post the close ups I want to. Here's a few.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Don't mind the gloves, she always has cuts and scrapes so she wears these.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. Adeth Chicken

Adeth Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2015
    Jacksonville Florida
    The chipmunk lookin ones look like our EE chick.. The one with the gloves, looks like a golden Sebright. They're all really cute.

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

4. Indyshent

Indyshent Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Looks like you have four that are developing lacing, but two are gold and the other two might be silver. The lighter ones look a lot like my mille fleur D'uccle last year, but the darker ones remind me more of the Sebrights. Our Sebrights were really dark at first and had very small or absent white patches on their chests. The mille fleur was mucklededun orange and gray like your lighter laced chicks. His "flowers" came in much later, so you may get surprise mille fleurs after a molt. Same story with my laced Wyandottes--mostly black and had more and more color on them as they got their 'big girl' feathers.

5. Thanks.

Ooh, silver ones!
    Our first laced ones were G sebrights and one was pitch black until 3-4 months. (Midnight is the also only one left) Also I am pretty sure the lone one is an OEGB too since she looks exactly like Sassy did. (RIP)

Don't mille fluer 's have feathered legs? But they have these weird gold neck feathers I have not seen before, so...
    [​IMG]
    Andy is the "tall one" LOL He looks different than rest of dark ones.
    [​IMG]
    My First sebrights didn't have these neck feathers
    [​IMG]
    I posted this one of CC just because anytime You pick him/her up he just chills out. LOL

Yep, my wyandottes did the same thing.

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree with Wyandottes7's guesses.

7. byjeepin

byjeepin New Egg

Aug 21, 2014
    emmaus,pa
    Can anyone tell me this breed[​IMG]

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Speckled Sussex.

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

10. Speckled Sussex I have 5 and adore them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by